Here at 321 Kiteboarding we offer PASA and IKO certification in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Whether you are an already experienced rider looking to get a certification card, or a new student looking to learn the ropes. As a certified kiteboarder you will be able to rent gear and ride in locations that are exclusive to certified riders. You will also be eligible for Kiteboarder Insurance from IKO. Here is a look at what is covered in a program.
Your level will be certified with your IKO Kiteboarder Card at the end of your lesson, or you can move on to the next riding level!
Kiteboarder Level 1:
- Can determine safe conditions for training site and is able to identify hazards through a spot assessment.
- Can set-up the trainer kite* (inflatable or foil). Understands and can simulate use of its safety systems.
*a kite that doesn't have enough power to make the student fall
- Can launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant.
- Can demonstrate basic flying skills with trainer kite: control the kite on the edge of the wind window and use the power zone and specific flying patterns on request.
- Can twist and untwist the lines while flying and is able to walk and change directions with the kite flying.
- Can set-up 4/5-line kite with a full depower system including pre-flight checks and ground handling.
- Understands and can use the international communication signs.
- Can assist for launching and landing. Can launch and land the kite to an assistant (4/5-line depower kite).
- Can control the kite hooked into the harness, understands the depower system and can use the safety systems.
- Can demonstrate advanced flying skills with the depower kite (foil or inflatable that can easily be relaunched from the water), showing full control of depower systems in flight.
- Can recover the bar and kite, can perform kite self landing.
- Can enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
- Can water relaunch a kite.
- Can perform first bodydrag.
Kiteboarder Level 2:
- Can bodydrag downwind showing an understanding of the correct kite position in the wind window.
- Can show change of direction to the left and right when bodydragging, using correct kite positioning.
- Can recover the kite and bar in the water.